Now that Ryan is home, and we are adjusting to "married life" under the same roof again - I am rekindling my love of the kitchen!
I made a recipe on Sunday afternoon, that I just had to share!
Green Lentil Curry.
I bought a bunch of bulk lentils from Sprouts last week, and had the thought to make them ahead of time for lunches during the week. And I found the perfect recipe for this!
And it was so easy! I found the recipe on Pinterest, made a few little changes. It is so good!!!
- 2 cups green lentils (dry)
- 1 14 oz can coconut milk (I used the lite version)
- 8 oz tomato paste
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 large onion, chopped finely
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp coriander, ground
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Sautee the onion and garlic with olive oil, until onions are slightly browned.
- Add in the seasonings, to allow the depth of the spices to come out (*cue amazing smells in your kitchen*)
- Transfer this to a crockpot. Add in the coconut milk, tomato paste, water, lentils. Stir to dissolve the tomato paste.
- Cook on high for 3 hours (or low for 6 hours).
- The consistency should not be soupy. You want the lentils to absorb all the liquid.
My meat-loving-man did ask if I could add meat to the dish, and because I love him - I did. So I took chicken breast, diced it, marinated it with curry, cumin, cayenne, pepper, olive oil, and orange juice. And served that on top of the lentils.
What have you been cooking lately?