Instead of a "Currently" update -- which is my "standard" when I haven't blogged in awhile. I'm going to switch it up and do a "If we were having happy hour" post. Because I kind of miss having happy hour with my girlfriends back in AZ! Or our 5 am runs. I never realized how much "head clearing" all that provided me with ;)
If we were having happy hour I'd tell you.....
- That I am being faced with some challenges at work right now. And it's weighing on me a lot! I am focusing on the good, and trying to not the stress/pressure bring me down. I'm also having to make some tough decisions. I'd probably vent a little - but I watch my clock to assure I don't spend too much time ranting away about my internal struggle ;)
- How much I'm enjoying the amount of time we are getting with my family. I've spent more time with my family these past few months than I have in 10 years, and it has been incredible. It's going to make leaving hard! But again - I'm taking what I can get, and focusing on the positive.
- Talk about my run training. We have found a gym/athletic training center here that focuses on power/agility training and I want to take it home with me. But it's a giant dome built around a football field - so I cannot pack that in my luggage back to AZ ;)
- I'd tell you how much I am really enjoying my runs lately - and soaking up the cooler weather temperatures. As in AZ it is 85-115 degrees F daily right now. No thank you...
- About your trip to Peru we are currently in the planning stages for.
- How over-the-moon excited I am to hike the Inca Trail to Macchu Picchu
- That we plan on spending 4 days in the Amazon rainforest doing excursions.
- That we have been watching a lot of Planet Earth and PBS to get amped about our trip :D
- Skin issues! I always have taken pride in having good skin, and that has NOT been the case lately.
- I have acne for the 1st time ever in my life.
- I've developed some rash on my stomach, back, arms that comes and goes periodically. I'm starting to wonder if it's some soap or laundry detergent I'm using? But it's pretty annoying. Ryan and I only sleep in the same bed a few nights / week now because he is on night shift, and I feel so bad for him because I can't sit still in bed because I'm so uncomfortable.
- I'm about ready to set up an appointment with a dermatologist if this doesn't improve soon!