Skip to main content

Finished

I will pause for a brief intermission of all things baby to celebrate an exciting moment. 

I am done with grad school! 

This is the first evening that the reality is really settling in. For the past 2.5 years of my life, assignments were due by 9 or 10 pm Tuesday night (for me, since I'm in AZ and everything was on East Coast time)...

I never waited until Tuesday to submit my assignments - but there were a few Monday nights that I was scrambling. 

I got to add "MSN, RN" behind my name on my email signature today at work -  and it felt kind of cool! New letters behind the name are always fun, right? 

I always wanted to get my master's, but honestly didn't think I'd actually do it. 

Then while I was doing it - I had many moments where I thought about quitting. 

Then I got pregnant and realized I'd be doing my practicum in the midst of the pandemic, and really thought about putting things on hold. However, I knew that if I put things on hold - that would turn into me not finishing it. 

This will help me in the future if I ever want to take a leadership role within my organization or if I wanted to teach for some universities. 

How will I celebrate? 

Well, being 7 months pregnant during a pandemic doesn't leave room for a great deal of "celebrating opportunities". No champagne or fun trips to the ocean to celebrate. 

But I will celebrate by filling my evenings with more reading, walks, and some house organizing! 


Comments

Yay! You are done! It will be amazing to get your nights and weekends back, right in time for baby to take up some of that time! But that is a better and more enjoyable way to spend your hours. I hated grad school so much. We had so much group work. It just ruined learning for me. Then I got my CFA which was even more work. I am definitely done with learning and designations! Forever!

Let me know if you need book recs!!!
Marlys said…
Sorry I’ve been so slow to check your blog, but Christmas rather took up so much of my spare time. I’m so proud of you persevering through to the end, as I know how many hours this required of you! I’m sure you are enjoying the free time you have gained! Those initials look so professional! Congratulations from a proud Mom!

Popular posts from this blog

What is your color?

Green My favorite color ever! I have to control myself to not purchase too many green things. If I had no control, my house would be green. My kitchen would be lime-themed. With greenery everywhere. My bathrooms would be green. My bedroom would be green. You would all feel nauseated-green after entering my home. (So I don't have a green-themed home) Many things I love are green, such as: Spinach (I eat it a minimum twice a day usually) My weding color was green. (clover green) Limes (I have at least one time a day) Grass. I love the feel of grass, especially since I see it so rarely in AZ (except in my neighborhood that has amazing landscapers with grass-galore) Palm trees. Any tree. Christmas trees. I love Christmas Green Beer. I think the green beer on St. Patty's Day tastes better. My favorite color of eyes. When I was in 9th grade, I so badly wanted to get green contacts. But they made me keep my brown eyes. Diet Mountain Dew (my guilty pleasure) Granny Smith

Currently - May edition

   I haven't blogged much - but the last time I did one of these, Maddy was 9 months old. It's really fun looking back on the things that were "stressors" to me at that time. Prior to that - my currently post was a pregnancy edition.  So here goes May 2022. Maddy is almost a 15-month old and summer has set ablaze here in Tucson.   Reading :  I really wish I had a better answer for this one, but I have not been the best about reading lately. The only book I'm reading is "How to talk to your kids so they'll listen and listen so they'll talk". It is really good. Most of the book is geared more to school-aged kids, in my opinion. But it highlights some great communication skills with children to help them trust you as a parent to be open and honest. Eating: All the smoothies. It has been getting really hot here - and every day when we get home from our stroller run I make a smoothie for Maddy with whole milk, Fage, and fruit - and then a smoothie for

8 Months

 Well, I missed month 1-8. But it is never too late to begin, right? Here is a recap of Maddy at 8 months. (I'm totally stealing this idea from my sister, Lisa. I thought it was so neat that she recaps her son's favorites and happenings every month)   How am I sleeping? Better than I was - but not as good as my peers. It also depends on if I'm teething. Last week, her 2nd tooth was poking through - so she was awake 3 times.  No matter how much I let her cry it out, I cannot seem to cut down her feedings. When I go in there - she is literally pulling at my shirt with her mouth wide open. So clearly she's hungry.  She eats 2 times/night and luckily goes right back to sleep. It is what it is. What am I eating? While we have had breastfeeding and bottle refusal struggles - I am so glad that taking to food as been relatively smooth. We are doing baby led weaning, and Maddy really enjoys most every food I've given her.  Her favorite foods are scrambled eggs, apples, and c