Skip to main content

Things Not to Say

How to piss off a pregnant lady in 1 simple step!

Tell her how fast her pregnancy has gone! 

I have heard or read those words so frequently over the last week from colleagues, friends, and a few people on social media. 

They are so right. The part that's gone really fast has been the part where we have been on lockdown and my face-to-face social interaction and "outings outside the house" decreased by like 70-80%.

Or perhaps the 3 months I spent on my knees in our bathroom floor dry-heaving. That was like a blink of an eye!!! Time flies when you're having fun. Or vomiting. 

Okay, okay ... I'm just kidding around. 

But seriously - don't tell a pregnant woman (during a pandemic) that time has just flown by because it probably hasn't for her.

In seriousness, my pregnancy has gone fast in ways. And I've mostly enjoyed it and had it pretty easy! But when I look back at when I found out I was pregnant at just 5 weeks..that seriously feels like eons ago. 

Another thing that is mind-blowing to look back on? Progress pictures. 

I remember being 12 weeks along and feeling like I was starting to show, and certain clothes weren't fitting anymore. 

In fact, I refused to spend time by our pool this summer because I felt uncomfortable in a swimming suit. (I also felt nauseated...which makes sitting outdoors in the sun very undesirable)

Now I look at this picture of me at 12 weeks and laugh out loud!!

Little Baby Namaste sure has grown a little since that 12-week photo was taken! :D 

I am finally at a point in my pregnancy where a random stranger actually knows I'm pregnant. It took 34 weeks to get there! But over the last 2 weeks, the baby has really made her appearance!

As I get through these next 5 weeks of pregnancy...as fast as 5 weeks tend to go, I have a feeling that won't be the case. 

It is surreal to think that in 5-6 weeks our house will have a newborn in it. We seriously cannot wait! 

And maybe then I can say "Wow, that went fast!"







Comments

Lisa's Yarns said…
People love to say stuff that will annoy you when pregnant. My 2nd pregnancy went faster than the first since I had the distraction of Paul, but there were times when the pregnancy crawled, like the last 5 weeks when I was so miserable due to RA! You look so great. I would never guess you are 35 weeks in that photo. You have such strong abs, though!

I hope time doesn’t crawl too much during these last 5 weeks!
Marlys said…
Oh, I detest people who make comments about a woman’s pregnancy! I’ve always wondered what possesses them to do that! I have always made an attempt to say positive things to a pregnant mother, as I knew how it felt. You look marvelous and that little lady is sure growing!

Popular posts from this blog

ABC

We are home from a wonderful, extended-weekend-getaway to Omaha. It was filled with family, relaxations, and greatness. I will do a more detailed recap on it soon! In the meantime, I'm doing this ABC bit that I stole from my cousin 's blog! Also, no -- I did not get switched to days. Trust me, I would've told the entire world and screamed it from roof-tops if I did. A. Age: 22, but that will change on Sunday. B. Bed size: King C. Chore you dislike: Cleaning the shower - especially dealing with hard-water stains. Lime away=ouch D. Dogs: Really really really really really dislike. Really dislike. Sorry. I could do a post in itself about my dislike for canines. E. Essential start to your day: Bowl of oatmeal/or cereal with bananas. Or fruit F. Favorite color: Greeen G. Gold or silver: Definitely silver. H. Height: 5'4'' - Sometimes I lie & say 5'5''. Some people lie about their weight, age, haircolor...I lie about my height. I...

Currently - May edition

   I haven't blogged much - but the last time I did one of these, Maddy was 9 months old. It's really fun looking back on the things that were "stressors" to me at that time. Prior to that - my currently post was a pregnancy edition.  So here goes May 2022. Maddy is almost a 15-month old and summer has set ablaze here in Tucson.   Reading :  I really wish I had a better answer for this one, but I have not been the best about reading lately. The only book I'm reading is "How to talk to your kids so they'll listen and listen so they'll talk". It is really good. Most of the book is geared more to school-aged kids, in my opinion. But it highlights some great communication skills with children to help them trust you as a parent to be open and honest. Eating: All the smoothies. It has been getting really hot here - and every day when we get home from our stroller run I make a smoothie for Maddy with whole milk, Fage, and fruit - and then a smoothie for...

Pandemic Pregnancy

Dearest Sebastian,  This will be a more sobering letter, but I don't think I can write about my pregnancy without addressing the big elephant in the room.  I write this letter to you in grave hopes that by the time you're old enough to read these letters, COVID-19 is something you read about in your history books. However, by the time you're taking history classes, I am sure you won't have textbooks. I'm sure some robot will tell you about it.  I hope that you go to a busy, bustling school with activities, contact sports, and choir. (all things that currently don't exist). I hope you had a childhood where you could play tag. (currently banned). I hope you have school pictures where you are making faces at the camera that is not hidden behind a mask. But given the current state, your mama is not so sure what kind of world she is bringing you into. At this point, all I can tell you is that I promise your Dad and I will travel with you and make life as special as w...