I am a renewed person since I've switched to day shift. Working @ night involved going about 2 days/week where I would stay awak from 24-30 hrs straight. Which just created one very crabby Abby. I was starting to get shaky-blood-sugar-drops, heart palpitations, and other unhealthy/odd symptoms when I was awake.
I'm feeling back to 100% now, though! :)
Another hobby I've revisted since I'm back to a normal schedule is cooking! I was cooking grilled chicken on a bed of spinach or fajitas almost every night....It got old fast.
Tonight I tried a new recipe, that I HIGHLY recommend! It was delicious. And it's low fat, while still hearty!
So for your grocery list......
- 2-3 Boneless, Skinless chicken breasts
- Fat Free Cream of Mushrom soup (we're keeping this healthy :D)
- 1 can canelli beans (or white beans will do)
- 1/3 cup Balsalmic Vinegar
- Fresh Basil
- A few handfuls fresh spinach (excuse my lack of measurements....I don't "do" measuring cups)
- Chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- olive oil
- Thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- Walk out to garden and snip fresh basil from plant ;) (eee that brings me joy to be able to do!)
- Beat chicken with meat cleaver and sprinkle salt and pepper on it.
- Heat pan on oven, drop enough olive oil in pan to prevent sticking
- Cook the chicken breasts until cooked through.
- Remove chicken breasts with some juice and wrap in foil and keep on side.....
- Simmer onions & 3 cloves garlic
- Pour in can of canelli beans, cream-of-mushroom soup, 1/3 cup balsalmic vinegar, and chopped up basil leaves, (I added in oregano at this point, too)
- Add in mushrooms
- Add in handfuls of fresh spinach
- Stir well for about 1-2 minutes, and return chicken breasts to the pan
- Allow to simmer for about 1-2 minutes